Program on October 13, from 1 pm to 4 pm at International House, Davis
Where: International House Davis (10 College Park, Davis, CA 95616)
- Start of check-in/ on-site registration
- Lunch: with main course provided by Preethi Indian Cuisine; feel free to bring a side-dish (such as a salad) or dessert to share.
- Activities (including face painting, origami, fun activities)
- Opening ceremony of Sahaya Walks and celebration of 20th anniversary of Sahaya:
- MC: Vinita Domier
- Performers (music/dance) including the Ouroboros (classical Indian dance taught by Khurshid Dastur), Devayani Varma and Hirsch
- Koen Van Rompay and others: celebration of Sahaya’s past 20 years
- Voices from across the globe
- Stories of HIV+ children and youth who are being helped (students of Project RISHI UC-Davis).
- Walk: a leisurely half-mile, 10-minute walk, fit for all ages.
- Post-walk activities: continued fun activities, snacks, until 4 pm
Watch below the video with song “Let’s go Sahaya” by Indian musician Sandeep Khurana, with footage of our 2014 Sahaya Walks.