For Email Marketing you can trust.
"Sahaya song" by Sandeep Khurana
With thanks to our event sponsors:
Preethi Indian Cuisine
(712 2nd Street,
Davis, CA 95616)
Sahaya Walks 2015: Sunday October 11 from 1 to 4 pm
at International House Davis
SAHAYA WALKS (previously called Hope Walks) is a family-oriented annual event to celebrate that we can make a difference in the lives of HIV-infected children and orphans in the programs of Sahaya International in India.
We make friends over a lunch meal, enjoy a cultural program with music and dance, do a 10-minute walk, participate in fun activities, get face paintings and henna tattoos, and listen to people share their hopes for an AIDS-free future.
This year marks the 9th edition!
100% of the proceeds of this annual event directly support 24 HIV-infected children and youth, who are part of our programs with the organization READ in India.
As our goal is to raise $15,000 to help all these children for the coming year, this year's slogan is:
15K for 2015
What your contributions mean:
$10: One month of life-saving HIV medicines
$30: One month of food, clothing, tuition
$100: School fees and clothing for a year
$360: One year of food, clothing and school fees
Location: International House Davis (10 College Park, Davis, CA 95616(
- 1:00 pm:
- Start of check-in/ on-site registration
- Lunch: optional potluck: feel free to bring a dish to share. As some of our volunteers are already bringing dishes, and we will also receive generously food from Preethi Indian Cuisine, don't worry if you don't have time to prepare a dish but just come and enjoy!
- Activities (including face painting, henna, letter-writing, posterboard, flower-making, photobooth)
- 2:00 pm:
- Opening ceremony with several performers/speakers including:
- Jalen Taylor
- Vanar Sena Pathshala (VSP): Aakash, Aditi, Arvind, Shobha and Vinita: poem
- Dynamic Duo (Priyanka and Hirsh)
- SynRG World Youth Dancers
- Sandy Holman
- Walk: a leisurely half-mile walk, fit for all ages.
- Post-walk activities:
- Continued activities (see above)
- Free snacks and drinks
- 4 pm: closing of event
(Most of the 24 children and youth that we are helping via Sahaya Walks)
One of the children in our program has grown up and leads a healthy life.
We provide them with proper nutrition, clothing, education and access to life-saving medications.
With proper care, love and education, HIV-infected children can have a real future.
Thanks to our efforts, we have not lost a single child in because of HIV/AIDS in 9 years!
This is truly something to celebrate!
Will you join us?
View some highlights of Sahaya Walks 2014
(Videoclip and song by Sandeep Khurana)
Pictures of our previous Sahaya Walks events:
"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."
© Sahaya International, 2015